Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas a la RJ


"Mommy I know all about The Jesus," she begins matter-of-factly on the way home from school.
Stifling a snicker I reply calmly, "Oh you do?"
"Yes. Christmas is the time when we sell a break the earth of Jesus."
It's getting a little harder to maintain my composure.
She follows up with "The red in the candy cane is December of his blood."
And then, "Mommy? Why are you laughing?"
"Because you are just perfect," I reply.
"Mommy? Do you know about the Bible?"
"Well, I know a bit about it," I say.
"Well, I know more about it than you," she retorts confidently. "What is your first question?"

Sadly, I couldn't come up with a question about The Jesus or The Bible because I was too busy trying to stay on the road while I convulsed with laughter. At least I know she's paying attention to someone.

-Ashford

No comments:

Post a Comment